Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Little More on Chopin

http://pagingdrgupta.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/24/did-chopin-have-epilepsy/?hpt=C2

It is interesting that Chopin had hallucinations.  Is it possible that he heard the music in his head that he heard (and was mind blowing to people of the time) was influenced in anyway by his condition. Or were the pieces he wrote at 16 prior to any affects of his condition?






In 1848, Chopin wrote in a letter to the daughter of his girlfriend George Sand:
A strange adventure happened to me while I was playing my B flat Sonata for some English friends. I had played the Allegro and the Scherzo more or less correctly and I was about to play the March when, suddenly, I saw emerging from the half-open case of my piano those cursed creatures that had appeared to me on a lugubrious night at the Carthusian monastery [Majorca]. I had to leave for a while in order to recover myself, and after that I continued playing without saying a word

No comments:

Post a Comment